At Balmoral Medical Centre Hornsby all pre-employment medicals are conducted by a qualified general practitioner with experience with Work Cover and occupational health issues.
Pre-employment medical examinations serve two main purposes:
- To assess if the applicant is fit for the desired employment. Pre-employment medicals are extremely important to assess the likelihood that your applicant has a serious underlying medical disorder that may prevent them from performing the assigned work that you are employing the applicant to undertake.
- Pre-employment medicals can also uncover potential pre-existing medical conditions that could affect a potential WorkCover claim later down the track. Drug and alcohol screening, hearing tests and lung function tests can also be performed on our site.
We perform all aspects of pre-employment medicals including statutory WorkCover medicals and assessing fitness to drive medicals for commercial and private licensing.
For speed, efficiency and convenience, all pre-employment medical can be emailed or faxed within 1 hour of completion of the pre-employment medical.
We are able to cater for any employer needs in regards to additional services such:
- Audiometry (hearing test)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Instant Drug & Alcohol Testing (by way of a urine sample)
- Drug Screening Laboratory Confirmation (for non-negative results)
- Alcohol Breath Test
- Flu Vaccination programmes at our Medical Centre
Make an appointment to see our doctors today.